The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to carry out general Hotel Front Office duties under direction.
ICSE’s Hotel Reception Skills programme is designed for those seeking to start or progress in a career in Irelands expanding hotel industry. The program provides candidates who aspire to a career in hotel reception with the highly sought-after knowledge, skills and competencies that put them clearly ahead of their competitors. This programme combines all of the soft skills required to work in Irelands most prestigious hotels with the technical knowledge of an Opera Property Management System (PMS). The Opera PMS is an advanced booking/reservation system favoured by Irelands leading hotel chains. In addition successful candidates on the ICSE Hotel Reception Skills programme also receive a QQI Level 4 award in Hotel Front Office Operations, a huge addition to any résumé. This program is your key whether considering entering the service industry for the first time or seeking to progress within the sector.
- If English is not your first language, candidates must have a B2 level in English or higher to attend the online training course
- All candidates will require a laptop or desktop or tablet to attend the program. (A smart phone is not sufficient). Participants are required to complete a pre course interview online prior to confirming a place on the course just so we can check everyone’s tech, etc is in order.
- Candidates must submit a photocopy of their passport or drivers’ licence, proof of address and their PPS number during the registration process
- Candidates must have access to reliable broadband coverage for the duration of this program
- Candidates must have a suitable space, free of distractions from which to log onto the course each day
- Candidates must attend ALL scheduled Virtual classroom sessions
- Exemption: €20 of the cost is charged by QQI for certification. Participants who are on the live register or are the holder of a medical card are exempt from the €20 fee. We just need you to submit proof to the course tutor and we can arrange a refund for you.